. . . . . . . . __
The King Size Comedy Xmas Bash
17 Dec 2008 - 17 Dec 2008
With more than 20 000 people attending comedy at Emperor's Palace this year, Emperor's Palace has certainly sealed the title "the home of comedy" and to end the year in Christmas spirit what better way than with the final King Size Comedy Xmas Bash on Wednesday 17 December at Centre Court.
This year, the irrepressible master of ceremony's Chris Forrest will take us on a light hearted journey through the ups and downs of 2008 and joining him will be Martin Jonas, Joey Rasdien, Ntosh (popular judge from TV show "So You Think You Funny"), Tumi Morake, Mr. T and Chris Mapane.
There will also be special surprise guest appearances and the chance for the public to try their bit at being a comic.
Get into the Christmas spirit and join us for loads of laughter at the King Size Comedy Xmas bash at Emperor's Palace.
Parental Guidance advised.
Tickets priced from R130 R115 (including all fees) (excluding booking fee) and can be booked at Computicket on 083 914 8000 083 915 8000 or the Emperor's Palace box office on (011) 928 1937 011 928 1297/1490 during office hours.
For more information:
KING SIZE COMEDY MANAGEMENT
011 482 1453
The Real Heavy Weight Comedy Jam
kompilasie DVD . STIDVD122 2008 STING MUSIEK
2. Joey Rasdien
3. Darren "Whackhead" Simpson
4. Tumi Morake
5. Chris Forrest
6. Tom Stade
7. David Kau
8. Martin Jonas
"Heading the side-splitting list of comedic heavyweights is Canada's Tom Stade who, legend has it, broke out of the deep and dark backwoods to become a star in his home country on the back of such shows as 'Stade and Confused '.
It's not the first-time that Stade has had South Africans guffawing in the aisles - Johannesburg is among the many international cities that he has played part of an impressive list that includes New York, London and Amsterdam. Known for his offbeat take on a wide range of subject matter, this versatile and compelling comedian has completed a sell-out show at the Adelaide Comedy Festival, and has appeared in a slate of UK comedy shows, including Channel 5's 'The Comedy Store' and BBC TV's 'The Live Floor Show'.
The list of home-grown heavyweights is as impressive - with leading comedian, David Kau appearing in the Heavyweight Comedy Jam. David Kau needs no introduction to comedy fans - over the years his outlook on everything South African has earned him a strong following.
Also on the bill is the man who is fast gaining a reputation as one of the country's funniest - Chris Forrest. Dubbed South Africa's answer to Steve Wright, Chris' witty and cynical one-line humour is thought provoking and to the point. Totally nerdish and unflappable, his Drew Carey-looks and slowed-up delivery have ensured that audiences take to him enthusiastically and he is racking up a brace of local and international appearances.
Martin Jonas' brand of comedy (which includes some fantastic impressions) can best be described as observational, with a surreal edge! Jonas has performed in London, hosted the South African Music Awards for two consecutive years and presented four episodes of M-Net's 'It's a Funny Country'.
Another boxing-clever comic fighting for the Heavyweight Title is Krijay Govender. A diverse performer who is both beautiful on the eye and wonderful on the ears, her middle name is humour.
The rest of the line-up includes Joey Rasdien, Ntosh, Conrad Koch and Capetonian Ndumiso Lindi.
This is one power-packed comedy evening that no fan should miss!" - realsa.co.za
Heavy Weight Comedy Jam - "The Champions"
4 April 2008
Audiences are in for a powerful knockout performance at this year's Heavyweight Comedy Jam with the likes of Chris Forrest, Darren "Whackhead" Simpson and Martin Jonas at Emperors Palace on 4 April.
94.7 Highveld Stereo brings to the stage the cream of South Africa's comedy champions who are guaranteed to throw their biggest punches yet at this year's Heavyweight Comedy Jam.
Be prepared for 'lights out' as top comedians take to the stage and present a hilarious, hard-hitting range of topics from load shedding to the State of the Nation. The Heavyweight Comedy Jam has hosted a number of successful and riotous comedy brawls for over five years now, capturing a growing audience of comedy fans throughout the country.
The charismatic 94.7 radio personality Alex Jay will take on the role of referee for the night together with the following home-grown heavyweights:
* Funny man Chris Forrest will take to the stage with his witty, thought-provoking and cynical one-line humour.
* David Kau, the country's ' own BEE comedian and winner of the Stars of Mzansi comedy award will be back performing at the Heavyweight Comedy Jam after a leave of absence. This is after performing a number of successful one man shows around the country, which he will be continuing again this year.
* Darren 'Wackhead' Simpson will join the event as he wreaks even greater havoc on stage than he does as a regular part of the Rude Awakening breakfast show with Jeremy Mansfield on 94.7.
* Included in the line-up of fine comedic talent is Martin Jonas. He delivers a brand of comedy and some superb impressions that can best be described as observational, with a surreal edge.
* Koolerbox - known as the 'Voice of the Underground Benoni' - is an older (not old, just older) white dude with an affinity for bling-bling. Certain of his role as the bad-ass gangster who aims to be the new global Eminem, Koolerbox tackles issues that affect him and thousands of others just like him. Along with a streak of vulgarity, he is an extremely humorous 'lyricist' who keeps it real.
* Stuart Taylor, best known as 'the Guy from Going Nowhere Slowly', is the reigning South African National Comedy Magic Champion. 'Laugh at my jokes and be mystified by my magic - and not the other way around!' challenges Taylor. He is an expert Master of Ceremonies and a veteran of comedy hysteria.
* Tumi Morake also takes to the stage to procure her position as Heavyweight Champion of the year! Her brand of comedy has been described as 'in your face' and 'slightly provocative'. This lady can bring tears to your eyes with belly-heaving laughter.
* Another boxing-clever comic fighting for the Heavyweight Title is Krijay Govender. A diverse performer who is both beautiful on the eye and wonderful on the ears, her middle name is humour. - realsa.co.za
Heavy Weight Comedy Jam
27 July 2007, Emperor's Palace
"94.7's Alex Jay plays referee while the heavyweight comedians thrash it out on stage, knocking audiences out with hysterical left hooks, right hooks, upper cuts, jabs and a couple of knock-out punches. Maybe even a low blow or two!
Fans of international comedy will be pleased to hear that Daniel Townes, young Australian comic and UK comic Martin Davis will be bopping and weaving along with the crème de la crème of South African comics, including Chris Forrest, Riaad Moosa, 94.7's Darren "Whackhead" Simpson, Joey Rasdien and special act Koolerbox!" - realsa.co.za
Starship Improvise .co.za
13 April 2008
"The Comedy Shop presents
STARSHIP IMPROVISE at The Old Mutual Theatre on the Square
Greetings earthlings, the time is here for an intergalactic feast of out of this
world, "Whose Line is it Anyway?" style, improvised comedy.
Set your phasers to "fun" and prepare yourself for the hilarious madness of "The Starship Improvise".
Captain Chris Forrest, and his team Al Prodgers, Monique Nortjé, Malcolm Ferreria, Vittorio Leonardi and others will take you on a warp speed journey of laughter and insanity as they boldly go where no South African improv troop has gone before.
Beam yourself down to the Ole Mutual Theatre on The Square on the Nelson Mandela Square on 13 April to see the funniest improvised comedy show this side of the galaxy, all made up on the spot using your suggestions.
Prizes to be given away for the best suggestions so bring your thinking caps!
So good even the Vulcans will laugh.
Make it so." - nextmovement.co.za
DIE VERENIGING VAN ELEKTRISITEITS TRANSFORMASIE SITUASIE EN UNIFIKASIE NAVORSING
kontak ons by firstname.lastname@example.org (© Kopiereg voorbehou.)